UNIX on PC

Post by sp.. » Sun, 28 May 1995 04:00:00

I am intreted in running unix on a pc at homme
My questions are:
        1. what version should I run
        2. How much will it cost and where do I get it.
I will be using it as a tool for SA/MOTIF self training.

Please email me if you have any suggestions.

1. unix desktop on pc, pc desktop on unix box, free

What is VNC? - A practical introduction

"VNC stands for Virtual Network Computing. It is, in essence, a remote
display system which allows you to view a
computing 'desktop' environment not only on the machine where it is running,
but from anywhere on the Internet and from a wide variety of machine
architectures."

    http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/

Platforms include: widows, unixes:

 http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/platforms.html

--
Bob Irwin

2. mgetty+sendfax?

3. PC vendors for PCs to run Unix (Linux, Solaris, etc.)

4. Chroot problems

5. mount PC files on UNIX using PC-NFS?

6. overall procedure for Solaris tunnel

7. I would like to know for *really* old PCs (was: Starting UNIX using old PCs)

8. dosemu and xterm

9. PC and UNIX networking, when PC has broadband and Sun is standalone

10. pc->linux, was how to get a pc to act more like unix

11. Anyone ever connected a PC running unix to PC lantastic network?

12. new Unix user: How do I transfer file from MSDOS diskette onto Unix pc hard disk?

13. How to make a connection from PC to UNIX or UNIX to PC using PC-NFS without pcnfsd daemon