Kermit dl from DECstation->PC; what's fastest speed?

Kermit dl from DECstation->PC; what's fastest speed?

Post by Khan M. Kla » Wed, 08 Sep 1993 02:31:48

Here's the question, what's the fastest way to dl files? I have a 2400
baud modem to dl files with, or I can use kermit. What is the equivalent
'baud rate' for kermit? If I were to do kermit dl, it would not be over
my modem, but in the computer lab, and I don't know if the computers there
are dial-ups (pc-terminals using VT-52 or VT-100) or directly linked?

In any case, what is the fastest way to transfer files from UNIX Main. to
PC (excluding buying a 14.4 modem).

-k