sendmail, mail filtering. ....

Post by I. Stirli » Sun, 17 Dec 1995 04:00:00

I'm trying to set up a mail filter, have got .forward working, to a
script file, the question I have is how do I write to my normal mailbox?
I could hardcode in paths, etc but I don't want to if I can avoid it, as
they may change. Is there any standard way to lock the mailfile?
(I want to do strange things, like start a mailing list out of my account,
and mail gzip'd uuencoded mails back to another site.)

--
Ian Stirling.                        |  http://web.students.stir.ac.uk/~is06
AKA Caeser, Bolonewbie.              |  Pretty sad at the moment, should get
                                     |  better tho.

Great are those who suffer fasting's hardships,
But they are surpassed by those who suffer hard words spoken.

1. spam filtering on solaris sendmail mail gateway

hi,

i a newbie to sendmail and i want to filter spam for my site.

i have an solaris8-sendmail (8.11.6) box in the dmz that delivers all
mail to my internal mailserver (no sendmail) and sends all outgoing
mail from the internal to the outside world.

now i want to filter spam on the dmz before it gets to the inside.

i would like to use spamassasin but i don't know how to install it. Do
i have to install milter first? how do i install milter feature on
solaris? i would even use dnsbl but i can't figure out how.

don't think i haven't searched enough.. i am searching since 2 days
but i can't find anything that fits my skill ;) :(

can anyone give me a hint where to get a good step-by-step howto?

Thanks
Guido
--
Guido Lenk                                      University of Passau
      Systemadministrator                       94030 Passau, Germany

2. Modem question

3. sendmail filtering incoming mail

4. runaway threads in apache 1.0.2/socket in CLOSE_WAIT

5. solaris sendmail mail gateway spam filtering

6. Help with script

7. mail filtering problem using elm filter

8. dip failed : "unknown server error" ?

9. Filters, Filters, where are you Filters...

10. mail daemon: smail, sendmail+IDA 5.6.x, Sendmail 8.6.4, umail

11. AIX 4.1 Sendmail; comp.mail.sendmail

12. mail sendmail sendmail.cf problems

13. Repost from com.mail.sendmail, problem with solaris /etc/hosts and sendmail