Need help compiling GCC on a Sun SS1+

Post by JAMES M. O'BRIEN » Sat, 29 Aug 1992 22:05:09

The subject says it all.  It there is a different group I should
send this request too please let me, know.

I believe I have all necessary src, but make doesn't seem to want to
take off.  In cc1 there exist Makefile.gnu which appears to be the
real makefile.  But install nots don't mention using make -f ....
just make which doesn't get any, I get an unexpected end of line.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jim O'Brien                     University of Maryland Eastern Shore

1. compiling ld86 on a Sun SS1

Hi.
I'm trying to make my Sun Sparc1 be a cross-compiler for Linux.  I seem to have
gotten that part working, but in order to compile the Linux kernel, I need to
compile ld86 and as86...  However, I've noticed that __strtoul is undefined,
so I went and got the Linux libc (4.4.1) source and compiled the strtoul.c
into an object, and attempted to link it into ld86.  However, this doesn't
seem to work, being that I still have some undefined objects...

% gmake
gcc  dumps.o io.o ld.o readobj.o table.o typeconv.o writebin.o strtoul.o -o ld
ld: Undefined symbol
   ___ctype_b
   ___ctype_toupper
collect: ld returned 2 exit status
gmake: *** [ld] Error 1
% nm -u strtoul.o
.udiv
.umul
.urem
___ctype_b
___ctype_toupper
_errno

I'm using gcc 2.4.5 under SunOS 4.1.1.

I know someone must have done this before.  Can anyone help me out here?

I'm oh so close to being able to compile the Linux kernel on my Sparc...

Thanks!

me

2. PGP for Linux?

3. SS1 and SS1+

4. SAMBA & WIN95

5. Help needed connecting dec Alpha station to printer on SS1

6. #ifdefs on aix

7. ss1+ and CDROM need more help!

8. Sun HM-4119 and Linux

9. need help: compile with gcc failed (DATAMODEL_NATIVE)

10. Help needed compiling gcc on Linux

11. Need help compiling Tripwire 1.3.1ASR on 4.3.2 with gcc-2.95

12. Newbie needs help - AIX redirect to gcc for compile

13. Need help compiling gcc 2.6.3!