RCs

Post by suleim.. » Sun, 14 Jan 2001 07:11:38

We have just aquired 2 new companies and we need to setup their routers
on our network. How can I make our Solaris 2.6 configure those routers
at system startup. I know I can set up a cron job to do that but we
would like to have them configured at the startup. I am not familiar
with Solaris RCs scripts and in where I should insert the routes setup
command for it to execute automatical as part of the bootup process.

I appreciate any help.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

RCs

Post by Jim Liedek » Sun, 14 Jan 2001 23:28:45

Quote:> We have just aquired 2 new companies and we need to setup their routers
> on our network. How can I make our Solaris 2.6 configure those routers
> at system startup. I know I can set up a cron job to do that but we
> would like to have them configured at the startup. I am not familiar
> with Solaris RCs scripts and in where I should insert the routes setup
> command for it to execute automatical as part of the bootup process.

You probably want to put your script in /etc/rc3.d.  That's assuming you
are starting up in runlevel 3 which is full mutiuser mode.

Solaris uses a System V type of startup system.  During boot the startup
scripts look in /etc/rc*.d where * is the runlevel.  It will run all
scripts starting with S passing a "start" parameter to them (and K scripts
with "stop").  It runs them in numerical order.

If the router commands require other services to start first, you want to
give your script a higher number that the needed startup scripts.
Services which depend on the router settings should have a higher number
than your script.

If you look at existing scripts in this directory, you should be able to
see how they are set up.  It's pretty easy to hack an exisitng one to put
in the commands you need.

--
INTERPRETER, n.  One who enables two persons of different languages to
understand each other by repeating to each what it would have been to

1. trying to print out RCS's rcs.ms file

On SUN/Solaris 2.6,  printer is HP5si

trying to print out RCS's rcs.ms file like :
nroff -ms rcs.ms | lpr

but I get a lot of octcal chars in the output !

Am I using the right package ?
Is there a different macro package that I need to use ?

Sunil

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. rquotad problem

3. + RCS + oops, I can't check-in after a rcs -u command

4. Still no Synchronous serial cards for Linux ?

5. How to make RCS work with shared RCS directory

6. Serving additional wb page

7. Announce: CS-RCS V2.0 -- Share RCS Files on UNIX and Windows

8. IP address translation with Linux?

9. RCS, how to have a common RCS directory?

10. References on: RCS/SCCS and (N)Curses???

11. RCS and getopt

12. Constructing date using RCS or SCCS.

13. RCS script usage - Help !!