1. uEmacs permissions/ownership bug?
I am trying to run uEmacs, but it has this annoying bug in the Linux
binary I got off sunsite I think.
When you save, it saves as userid.userid in mode 664, regardless if the
file existed before or not or what its perms and ownership was. THis is
causing alot of trouble all over my system.
The use of microemacs rather than emacs was caused by me getting
frustrated with emacs under X.
It runs in its own silly little window in X which always pops up in an
annoying place. I would like it to run in my current window.
Even with emacs -nw, it doesnt work: all the key bindings to use my
cursor keys in my .emacs file DO NOT work, and I get lots of A's (not [A
or whatever, tho, note) when I hit the keys. (I refuse to use other
curosr keys like CTRL Right-Shift Upside Down Bang or whatever.)
If anyone has a solution to either or both of these problems, please
email to this address, as I fear any responces will be lost in this
mammoth subhierarchy of groups.
(oh, if someone could point out a fixed binary, that would be good. and
if yo supply a patch, tell me exactly how to apply it, i am not quite
sure how to do it. (yes some people know very little about what they're
Ken P. Chasse - Sonic Interzone SysAdmin, Toronto, CANADA
"I'm not politically correct, I'm TECHNICALLY correct." - Justin Wells
2. Can't set root password- Password busy error -is not due to temp password file
3. wu-ftpd: how do I give different guestusers different overwriting permissions?
5. Overwrite Permissions
6. Win NT / OS/2
7. Wu-ftpd real users overwrite permission
8. Very Low Execl with Byte Benchmarks ??
9. wu-ftpd user overwrite permissions
10. uEmacs binaries?
11. uemacs with 132x44 screen
12. Does uemacs really work in Sys V.2?
13. Does uemacs really work ins SysV.2?