Imake question; where to specify location of X11 libs

Imake question; where to specify location of X11 libs

Post by Ralph Fin » Wed, 05 Jun 1991 07:45:17

Setup:  Sun Sparc 2, SunOS 4.1.1, Openwindows

In the Imake system, where are the locations of the X11 include files
and libraries specified?

I am compiling the newly released khoros system and let it use the
Openwindows include files and libraries.  However after it was all
done (around *6* hours!) I found that it couldn't find some libs from
Openwindows, so now will recompile using standard X11R4 libs.  I fixed
the links in /usr/{include,lib} to now point to the X11R4 stuff; but
would rather leave them pointing to Openwindows and simply tell khoros
which includes and libs to use in its imake config files.  I looked
through them but just don't understand imake well enough to see what
to change.  So, how can I tell imake where to get its X11 stuff?

--
Ralph Finch                     916-445-0088

Any opinions expressed are my own; they do not represent the DWR

1. /usr/X386/lib/X11 <-> /usr/lib/X11

I tried xfree 1.1 this weekend.  When I tried to start X386 it complained
that it couldn't find /usr/lib/X11/fonts/misc so I had to make a link
/usr/X386/X11 to find the fonts.  Then it worked.  Why is it looking in the
wrong place?  Also when I try to run X386mono, why does it say can't execute
binary file.  Can someone tell me what the size and sum should be for it.
As an aside is there a newer, better version of X11 that I should be using?

Thanks for the help.  Sorry if this has already been asked.

2. Diagnostic information for 8mm tape drives?

3. xmkmf-Imake-..lib/X11/config on AIX 3.2

4. ATI Radeon 9200SE - X don't works :(

5. Upgrading to 4.6.2...X11 config in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11 or /etc/X11?

6. slimming down freebsd?

7. location of X11 shared libs?

8. curious grub failure

9. libXaw.so.6 <----- Help linux /usr/X11/lib problem/question

10. imake missing, location ?

11. /usr/lib/X11/fonts/fonts.dir question

12. Changing SUN's imake install locations: How?

13. Specifying location of RAM drive?