Directory Structure Question

Post by Jeffrey Edward Ku » Sat, 19 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Hi

I've used Unix for a few years, but really have not spent too much time
to really learn it.  I've basically figured it out as I went along
and used my knowledge of DOS.   However, I ahve a slight problem that I
can't figure out, which actually may turn out to be quite simple.   I
don't know.    Anyway, here's the problem:

I have the following directory structure for my webpages

/public_html
        /icons
        /pictures
        /wilbur
        /business
        /setlists

Those are all subdirs of /public_html
Now, I have html files in /wilbur and I want to make a link in one
of those files in the /wilbur directory to a photograph that is in
/public_html/pictures.

Would this syntax work for the link, or is there something simpler?

http://udel.edu/~jeffreyk/public_html/pictures/filename.jpg

Is there soemthing I can do like: /../pictures/filename.jpg      ??

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jeff Kuhn

or

--
Jeff Kuhn                                         Consumer Economics Snr

1. Directory structure question

Been lurking a while and haven't seen this one posted... My site is
starting to get to the point where having all my sites files in one
place is becoming a pain.

On medium to large web sites with many pages and associated elements,
what is the groups thinking on directory structure?

Main page and associated elements in the document root and a seperate
subdirectory for each sub page and associated elements
vs
Keep all the HTML together in the document root, all the images together
in a images directory and other stuff in a similar structure
vs
Keeping everything together in the document root
vs
??????

Thanks -Rob-
Return e-mail address is spam blocked. e-mail replies to
rdover"at"bclc.com. Sorry :-(

2. Top 10 subjects comp.unix.admin

3. Directory Structure Question

4. Linux: How portable is it?

5. Unix file/directory structure question

6. Mail box locks when /var/mail/user is large

7. copying a directory structure with a particular file in directories below

8. New mail?

9. Newbie Question: UNIX directory structure...

10. Directory Structure Apache - Questions

11. directory structure, sed questions

12. directory structure display tool (newbie question)

13. Question on directory structures