New disk gives permission denied for ./.. for normal users

New disk gives permission denied for ./.. for normal users

Post by John destree » Wed, 29 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Hi all,

a newly sliced and partinioned 4gb disk in a ncr3430 gives
permission denied for ./.. for normal users with all permissions wide
open.

any clues?

TIA

John Destreel
Schelde MCA Sproncken
UNIX system adm.

Post by Dr. Wolfgang Otrebsk » Sat, 15 Feb 1997 04:00:00

> Hi all,

> a newly sliced and partinioned 4gb disk in a ncr3430 gives
> permission denied for ./.. for normal users with all permissions wide
> open.

> any clues?

Yep. Check the permissions of the mount point.

Good Luck,
wolfgang
--
Standard disclaimer applies (anyone following advice given here does so
at her/his own risk - I speak for myself and not for my employer).