deleted files, Lazarus+Grave Robber

Post by Ari's Judaica Treasur » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 01:00:14

Hello all.

I am in a predicament and hope some wizard out there can help me.

My operating system in Unix.  I started the Setup process of Open
Office, and told the comp where to put the program.  It created a new
dir for it (I guess).  In the midst of this process I decided to exit
the Setup and did so.  Everything in that directory (7 years worth)
was deleted.

We disconnected the comp from the network, and tried the Lazarus
program for recovery.

1)  did anyone have any luck with it?

2)  it ran for a week, and then said it doesn't have enough memory for
this task,  how much memory does this need?  maybe it pays to upgrade
my system?

1. 'delete' command in ftp delete files in local hard disk ???

I write a batch file in Windows to download some files from an
UltraSPARC running Solaris in a LAN. The files will be deleted after
it was retrieved. Currently, I generate a ftp script file in the batch
file and pass it to ftp with 'ftp -ivn < myfile.ftp' in Windows.

The ftp script generated will be something like this:

open <ip_address>
user <username> <pass>
cd <source_path>
lcd <dest_path>
get myfile1
delete myfile1
get myfile2
delete myfile2
..
bye

Note that It is possible that the files are not available in the
UltraSPARC and it seems there is a bug in the ftp 'delete' command
(maybe in Windows environment).

The 'delete' command is supposed to delete the file in the REMOTE
environment, however, if the file does not exist in the UltraSPARC,
the 'delete' command will delete the file store in my LOCAL HARD DISK.

Is there anyway to prevent the 'delete' command to delete the files in
my local hard disk when it doesn't exist in thre UltraSPARC ?

\/\/yatt \/\/ong Home Page - http://www.asiaonline.net.hk/~tfwong/
Winona Ryder Forever H. P. - http://www.asiaonline.net.hk/~tfwong/winona/

Send a message with subject GET PGP KEY to get my PGP public key

2. Linux Frequently Asked Questions with Answers (Part 4 of 6)

3. Delphi on Linux the Lazarus project

4. gnu-pop3d and APOP

5. "Info" on Gateway Lazarus and AmigaOS 4.0

6. Sparc's timer/signal handler

7. Apache problem, GRAVE

8. TIA SLIP and NETCOM

9. recover deleted file in hp-ux ( vxfs file system)

10. Deleting Files Without Worrying about : Overriding Protection Of Your File

11. deleting a line in a file, where file is in directory structure

12. Would sparse file technique help in deleting initial part of Accounting file?

13. SGML: No declaration for entity "grave"