TRN and Newsgroups

Post by Blak » Sun, 13 Dec 1998 04:00:00

My ISP is using BSD 3.0.  I am trying to get familiar with UNIX.  I wanted
to try and join some newsgroups using TRN.  I type 'l' to get a listing,
then of course when I see something I want, then I cancel out of the listing
and type "gcomp.unix.questions".  Then I get this statement "Newsgroup
comp.unix.questions does not exist!"

Could my ISP limit this feature to its shell account users?

Thanks.

Blake

1. moderated newsgroup posting- trn can't find /etc/sendmail.cf

i'm having difficulty posting to a moderated newsgroup using

then asks to send or abort, it chokes with this line:

Remote error: cannot open /etc/sendmail.cf: No such file or directory

which is not true.  /etc/sendmail.cf is there, proper, set
world-readable.

the problem does not show up for non-moderated newsgroups (as you can
see), but only when Pnews has to submit through a moderated group's
mail address.  sendmail sends a test message correctly when invoked
from the command line, and from mailers like elm.

i'm using trn v3.6 (NNTP access), slackware v2.something.

any ideas?

--
bob galloway              su 1185 williams college williamstown ma 01267
prince of the goo-goos    http://student_96rpg.williams.edu/~bob/         <*>

--
bob galloway              su 1185 williams college williamstown ma 01267
prince of the goo-goos    http://student_96rpg.williams.edu/~bob/         <*>

2. Q: Location of libX11.a

3. how to use trn to read newsgroup articles ??

4. 2 NICs in PC can't coexist.

5. trn 4.0: macro language and piping articles to sendmail / trn FAQ

6. Immediate Job Opening UNIX C / INFORMIX So California

7. Matrox Mystique ands X.

8. Linux Working GREAT :-) BUT! Can't Shutdown?

9. ICQ Newsgroups coming back (Re: ICQ Newsgroups kill NS

10. Debian dselect problem: trn, leafnode, inews

11. trn and nntp under Red Hat 4.2

12. TERM, NNTP and TRN problems

13. Why is Trn so slow, yet News from Netscape fast