Transferring unix file to Windows file

Post by zigg » Fri, 12 Jan 2001 12:27:07

I have access to a unix database that I go into through my unix
account via Reflections.  I have a *.lib file, among others, that I
want to transfer to a Windows format (An excel document to be exact).

So, thru Reflections, how do I capture the file (cp command?) and
paste it onto my computer?  Once I get it to a tab delimited windows
format I can transfer it to Excel.  Thanks

Transferring unix file to Windows file

Post by masamangdam » Sat, 13 Jan 2001 05:02:56

Quote:> I have access to a unix database that I go into through my unix
> account via Reflections.  I have a *.lib file, among others, that I
> want to transfer to a Windows format (An excel document to be exact).

> So, thru Reflections, how do I capture the file (cp command?) and
> paste it onto my computer?  Once I get it to a tab delimited windows
> format I can transfer it to Excel.  Thanks

i use reflection ftp client but i think you can you any ftp program
including windows ftp.

hope that helps!
--
Did I do that?

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Transferring unix file to Windows file

Post by Mark Ellze » Sat, 13 Jan 2001 23:45:18

You could just use the built-in ftp functionality of Excel.  Click File,
Open, then drop down Look In.  At the bottom, you will see ftp sites,
where you can setup a file transfer from any machine that supports ftp.

Regards,
Mark

Post by masamangdam » Sun, 14 Jan 2001 01:08:19

> You could just use the built-in ftp functionality of Excel.  Click
File,
> Open, then drop down Look In.  At the bottom, you will see ftp sites,
> where you can setup a file transfer from any machine that supports
ftp.

> Regards,
> Mark

> > I have access to a unix database that I go into through my unix
> > account via Reflections.  I have a *.lib file, among others, that I
> > want to transfer to a Windows format (An excel document to be
exact).

> > So, thru Reflections, how do I capture the file (cp command?) and
> > paste it onto my computer?  Once I get it to a tab delimited windows
> > format I can transfer it to Excel.  Thanks

mark,
thank you for sharing that info. i am working on extracting data from a
propriety database from a unix box and that info made my life easier in
providing the it to windows centric users. i will use ms access to
attach the db tables through the built in ftp.

ed
--
Did I do that?

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

1. Transferring DOS files to UNIX files

I have just installed FreeBSD 2.2.8-RELEASE onto my system, and have
been trying for a while to get a file onto the system via floppy. The
problem that I have is that the disk is formatted for DOS. Since I dont
have an internet connection to my machine with FreeBSD, I need to have a
way to do this. The reason I don't have an internet connection is that I
am about 40' from a modular plug, in case you were wondering. Thanks in
advance.

2. Still no luck with apache 2.0.25 HELP!

3. UNIX to DOS/Windows File Transfers . . .

4. Filesystem size

5. Transfer file from Unix sever to Windows Environment

6. Mirroring a disk

7. Transfer SCO Unix 3.2.4 files to Windows

8. TERM AND NETSCAPE 2.0b

9. UNIX to DOS/Windows File Transfers . . .

10. Windows-Linux-Windows file transfer corruption

11. UNIX -> MSDOS -> UNIX File transfers

12. new Unix user: How do I transfer file from MSDOS diskette onto Unix pc hard disk?

13. Locking a file temporarily (till the file is transferred completely).