Merging text & decoding files on UNIX

Post by Jason G. Karl » Sat, 02 Apr 1994 02:27:50

Does anyone know of a UNIX program to merge the separate encoded files
of pictures dwnloaded from alt.binaries.pictures?

I know that most newsreader programs do this, but I've been using
gopher to download pictures. Usually, I merge and decode them with
UUlite on my Mac, but I'd prefer to be able to merge and decode them on
UNIX before I download them to my Mac. I know about "uudecode" on UNIX,
but it doesn't seem to be able to merge the separate files.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Also, what's a quick and easy UNIX program for converting GIFs to JPGs?

                  (o o)

Jason G. Karlin