Printer Setup

Post by Paul Scul » Tue, 10 Nov 1998 04:00:00

I know very little about System administration and am basically a
developer who has developed on Unix for a good few years, so could
someone tell me how to set up a printer on Solaris given just the IP
address of the printer and a bare bones installation of Unix????

Cheers

Paul

1. Star Office printer setup via Samba smbprint to remote printer

I've D/L StarOffice 5.1 from Sun and installed on my Sparc Sol7 system.
SOffice's printer setup was default to lp; which my Sol box is not using.
Instead, I used Samba smbprint to send print jobs to a remote network
printer.

Anyone know how to config SOffice to use smbprint?
Thanks for any help.

http://www.sun.com/dot-com/staroffice.html

2. 2002

3. Urgent: Printer setup for ascii text on an HP printer ...

4. GPL confusion in MALAYSIA

5. Printer setup using NetBSD-1.3 and HP 692c Deskjet Printer

6. file permissions.

7. Urgent: Printer setup for ascii text on an HP printer ...

8. #9 Revolution3D, Mystique 220 and XFree86

9. ppp setup on 1.2.X / printer setup

10. Serial Printer Setup on a Sparc20 running 2.4

11. Printer Setup / Linux

12. Wordperfect printer setup