Problem with 'sendmail.cf' configuration

Problem with 'sendmail.cf' configuration

Post by Gareth Olive » Fri, 14 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Hi there

Newly installed Solaris 2.5 o/s.
I am having trouble configuring 'sendmail.cf' to recognise the mailhost
server.
All relevant servers are listed in the /etc/hosts. file, and the only
configurations to be changed in the sendmail.cf are the 'official
hostname', 'major relay mailer' & 'major relay host' (relay mailer &
relay host have been set to the same).

The sendmail daemon is running and works when sending to other local
users, however when sending to another user in another domain, I get the
following error message in the returned email message:

 The original message was received at Thu, 13 Feb 1997 22:16:13 +1300

    ----- The following addresses had delivery problems -----

not found)

Quote:    ----- Original message follows -----

Does anyone have any ideas?
Many thanks.
Gareth

Post by Tad McClell » Fri, 14 Feb 1997 04:00:00

: Newly installed Solaris 2.5 o/s.
: I am having trouble configuring 'sendmail.cf' to recognise the mailhost
: server.

[snip]

: Does anyone have any ideas?

One idea would be to ask your sendmail question in the sendmail newsgroup ;-)

comp.mail.sendmail

--
    Tad McClellan                          SGML Consulting
    Tag And Document Consulting            Perl programming

1. Help-102066-09 doesn't like sendmail.cf - mail's down!

I just backoutpatch'd 102066-04
Did installpatch of 102066-09
Here's what I get:
./installpatch .
Generating list of files to be patched...
The following validation error was found:
ERROR: /etc/mail/sendmail.cf
    file size <9134> expected <9112> actual
    file cksum <29851> expected <28819> actual

See the README file for instructions regarding patch validation errors.

Installpatch is terminating.

I've seen this before with the /etc/system file before - I just cp the
original back in it's place. However I don't have an original
sendmail.cf with a size of 9134  and neither do the 3 other machines
I keep.

Any help, suggestions? I'm at a loss.
Thanks.
Thom

2. Async RPC Programming <question>

3. AIX 4.1 sendmail.cf to AIX 4.2 sendmail.cf

4. running sshd not as root

5. How do you add "other" hostnames to a mail hub's sendmail.cf??

6. Trouble installing Linux from a Creative SB cdrom.

7. HELP, I'm being attacked by sendmail.cf on the other machine!

8. Only root can receive email

9. What is the standard install's mc file used to create sendmail.cf?

10. sendmail.cf can't compile.

11. sendmail.cf configuration

12. How to use "Bcc:" in sendmail.cf configuration, Help !!!

13. Sendmail.cf configuration