how do I find out what shared libraries and static libraries a program depends on?

how do I find out what shared libraries and static libraries a program depends on?

Post by Shashikala Prabhukum » Fri, 21 Mar 1997 04:00:00

How do I know what shared libraries a program needs and what libraries it has already been linked to in its executable?
I thought I saw some unix command but am not sure ....
TIA
Shashi

how do I find out what shared libraries and static libraries a program depends on?

Post by noshir faiyaz gun » Fri, 21 Mar 1997 04:00:00

try  "ldd executable" for SUN and SOLARIS and if it HP then
try "chatr execuatble"

:

Post by Ronald Fische » Fri, 21 Mar 1997 04:00:00

> [...]

Shashikala> How do I know what shared libraries a program needs and what libraries it has already been linked to in its executable?
man ldd
--
Ronald Otto Valentin Fischer

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/ronald_fischer

1. Using libtool to build shared libraries that depend on static libraries

I'm trying to link an object file and a static library into a shared
library.  I can easily do this with gcc, but now I would like to use libtool
for more portability.  But, libtool gives me an error like this when I try
to link:

*** Warning: This library needs some functionality provided by -lplugin.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.

*** Warning: libtool could not satisfy all declared inter-library
*** dependencies of module libsyncmal.  Therefore, libtool will create
*** a static module, that should work as long as the dlopening
*** application is linked with the -dlopen flag.

Bummer.  I tried following the advice of the first warning, and created a
shared version of the static library.  I thought I had succeeded when
libtool produced a shared library, but the shared library produced depended
on the shared version of the static library.  Not what I wanted.

Can libtool do this?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I can post a
snapshot of the code on my website if that would help.

Thanks,
Jason
--
Jason Day                                       jasonday at
http://jasonday.home.att.net                    worldnet dot att dot net

    -- Weyoun-6, Star Trek: Deep Space 9

2. Accessing BIOS... how?

3. Using static libraries and shared libraries in same program?

4. tcl / tk scripts in Apache Webserver

5. Compiling static libraries as shared libraries

6. Redhat 6.0 Failure - Failed creating bootdisk and failed install of LILO

7. Building shared library which includes static libraries

8. using Linksys PCI (21041) card?

9. Can a static library be compiled into a shared library?

10. Converting a Static Library to a Shared Library

11. Building shared libraries that contain static libraries.

12. link static libraries into a shared library

13. libtool and shared libraries with static library references