Postscript printing problem

Post by Di_mercurio Sebastie » Sat, 18 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Hello,

I've got a postscript file and I want to separate odd pages from even
pages and put them into to differente files (for exemple, even_pages.ps
and odd_pages.ps)

I am under linux, but I can work under SunOs too.

How can I do that?

Please, help me....

Thanks

Post by Petr Prikr » Fri, 31 Jan 1997 04:00:00

>I've got a postscript file and I want to separate odd pages from even
>pages and put them into to differente files (for exemple, even_pages.ps
>and odd_pages.ps)

psselect -o myfile.ps >odd.ps
psselect -e -r myfile.ps >even.ps

Notice the `-r' which stands for "reversed order of pages" -- this way
it is ready for double side printing on a normal printer. You simply
print odd.ps first, put the papers into the printer without a complicated
manipulation, and print even.ps.

You could also have a look at manpages for psbook and psnup if you
want to create A5 booklet printed on A4 papers.

Be happy,

          Petr
--

TU of Brno, Dept. of Computer Sci. & Engineering;     tel. +42-(0)5-7275 218

1. Postscript Printing Problems

Hello,

I am having problems printing postscript 2 pages per
sheet of paper.

I have tried using mpage and nenscript with the number
of pages per sheet set to 2, and piping that to gs.

My printer is an Epson ActionLaser 1100 (which emulates
a HP LaserJet III).

Here's the problem.  When I print something that comes
out on just one sheet of paper, the characters are
perfect.  However, when I print something that comes
out on multiple sheets of paper, only the last one's
characters are clear, all other pages are (usually)
readable, but very fuzzy.

I am using gs-2.6.1.  Is this the problem?  Or has someone
else run into this on an ActionLaser 1100?

Thanks in advance,
--
John C. Main
Sr. Software Engineer, EDD Project Leader

2. X hangs at logout

3. Postscript printing problem

4. HSF modem + OLITEC DRIVERS

5. Postscript printing problems

6. linux and Cable modem?

7. Postscript Printing Problems

8. Problem with floppies sector > 21

9. Q: postscript print problem

10. Postscript printing problem

11. Postscript Printing Problem

12. Netscape/Postscript Printing problems