How Do I Redirect Output From A serial Printer to a Disk File

How Do I Redirect Output From A serial Printer to a Disk File

Post by Steve Calne » Thu, 17 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Hello,

I'm in need of some help.I'm trying to redirect the output that normally is
forced to a serial printer, o a disk file. I have found in the \etc
directory a file called printers that contains the specific's for
comunication with a given printer. The command i'm looking at is:

lp1:lp1:dumb:9600 clocal cs8 -parity opost -nl -tabs

How would I modify this to cause the file to go to a specific directory.

Please someone take pity and help......

Thanks in advance.

Steve Calnek

1. redirect printer output to file

We would like to capture a postscript output from a Wingz spreadsheet and put itin a file. Then move that file to our pc and print it on the pc's color printer.We are running SUNOS 4.1.3 and newprint. I tried changing the /etc/printcap's
lp=/dev/lpvi0 to lp=/tmp/filename but it did'nt work. Any suggestions?

Regards,
Phil

2. fdisk - more than 1 extended part?

3. Redirecting input and output to serial port

4. xmodmap not working

5. redirecting terminal output to local printer

6. Emulating Apple Laser Printer?

7. Redirecting serial output to tcp port

8. Shadow , new users

9. Printing problem - no output to serial printer

10. Programmtic Output to Serial/Parallel-attached Printer

11. How to read printer′s output FROM a serial line

12. Capture output to serial printer?

13. Weird problem: reading printer output from serial line