turn off '^S' (XON/XOFF)

Post by Mark Per » Sun, 22 Jan 1995 00:25:25

: I am just wondering if the ^S (flow control) can be turned off on a
: wyse terminal?  So I can pass ^S to emacs.

: thanks in advance.
: --
: Jun

        If you don't get a UNIX solution you can put in your .emacs
init file:

(enable-flow-control)

This maps ^S to ^\ and ^Q to ^^.

--
 *   /\o__ H. Mark Perks, Dept. of Chem., UMBC, Baltimore, MD  21228

turn off '^S' (XON/XOFF)

Post by Bill Marc » Sun, 22 Jan 1995 09:44:23

>I am just wondering if the ^S (flow control) can be turned off on a
>wyse terminal?  So I can pass ^S to emacs.

stty -ixon

--

filling the bathtub with brightly colored power tools

turn off '^S' (XON/XOFF)

Post by nschr.. » Wed, 25 Jan 1995 01:37:29

> : I am just wondering if the ^S (flow control) can be turned off on a
> : wyse terminal?  So I can pass ^S to emacs.

> : thanks in advance.
> : --
> : Jun

>    If you don't get a UNIX solution you can put in your .emacs
> init file:

> (enable-flow-control)

> This maps ^S to ^\ and ^Q to ^^.

> --
>  *   /\o__ H. Mark Perks, Dept. of Chem., UMBC, Baltimore, MD  21228

stty stop <key> will let you redefine the stop character to something other
than ^S

turn off '^S' (XON/XOFF)

Post by Kari E. Hurt » Thu, 26 Jan 1995 16:25:28

[ Added comp.terminals as receiver ]

?> : I am just wondering if the ^S (flow control) can be turned off on a
?> : wyse terminal?  So I can pass ^S to emacs.

?stty stop <key> will let you redefine the stop character to something other
?than ^S

Don't help to terminal end.

Check what is used for flow control in Wyse from setup of Wyse. If you have
cable what have sufficient number of wires you can probaly configure Wyse to
use DTR singal for flow control (If I remember correctly RTS/CTS singnals
aren't available for flow control).  You must also do correspond configuring
also another end of cable (terminal server?)

- K E H "I don't know what I'm talking"

--
- Kari E. Hurtta                             /  El?m? on monimutkaista

1. rlogin closes connection when xon-xoff turned off

We have a system that when the user rlogin's to any other system, and
then turns off xon-xoff processing ("stty -xon" on sysV, "stty stop \0"
on BSD), the remote machine hangs up. Actually, I'm not sure that the
local 'rlogin' is not doing the hangup.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

-Larry

2. ulogd 1.00 on Redhat 9 and mysql-4.0.12

3. Anyone got telnetd/rlogind's that doesn't eat XON/XOFF?

4. How to PAP in RedHat 6?

5. ''Charlie Root'' System Monitor - TURN OFF

6. Installing Linux Slackware 3.0 ELF!

7. [2.5] PPP still doesn't support XON/XOFF

8. Draft Japanese LGX manual on ftp.yggdrasil.com

9. Turning off 'talk' help. . .

10. Using crontab to turn on and off 'mesg'

11. Turning 'ping' off, please help.

12. turning off url popup 'helper'

13. How to turn off the special meaning of '\n' in comparison?