ZModem

Post by Vincent van Hiel » Wed, 26 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

I'm working with RZ (ZModem protocol) but it won't want to be redirected.

Linux has no problems with that.
I use:   rz </dev/tty30 >/dev/tty30

Thanx in advance,
--=Hattem

ZModem

Post by bmar.. » Wed, 26 Apr 2000 04:00:00

   >I'm working with RZ (ZModem protocol) but it won't want to be
   >redirected.
   >Linux has no problems with that.
   >I use:   rz </dev/tty30 >/dev/tty30
You have crossposted to newsgroups for HPUX, AIX, and Unix.  Which operating
system are you using?

Net-Tamer V 1.08X - Test Drive

ZModem

Post by --=Hatte » Thu, 27 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Oops....

Sorry, the version  is  AIX 4.2.1 + Y2K patch

Quote:> Hi,

> I'm working with RZ (ZModem protocol) but it won't want to be redirected.

> Linux has no problems with that.
> I use:   rz </dev/tty30 >/dev/tty30

> Thanx in advance,
> --=Hattem

ZModem

Post by slaye » Tue, 09 May 2000 04:00:00

Look for an old version of rz/sz. Any release of zmodem
prior to 1988 has the capability of reading from stdin and
redirecting to stdout. A fundamental code change happened
to zmodem in 1988, rendered it dependent on terminal device
(has to have tty channel open).

1. rz/zmodem: tip session, escape to local 'rz' for zmodem download

Howdy all-

Can anyone share their experiences using 'tip' to download files with
zmodem protocol.

Here's my experience:

When I tip to a remote host and start downloading w/ zmodem, I try to
escape back to my local system and start the receiving end using 'rz'
( rz  <filename>) -- but the download doesn't seem to start ( I
suppose it could be moving along but I'm too impatient).  I've tried
escaping back using " ~| " (tilde - pipe) and " ~! " (tilde - bang).

I experience problems with both remote PCs and Unix systems (and I've
compiled rz and sz locally, so I don't think I have a binary problem)

Any ideas?

-Justin

2. Looking for a driver for a 3Com USB NI (3c19250)

3. Zmodem

4. Samba or NFS/NIS?

5. ZMODEM for PC code needed

6. PROCMAIL and "BOGUS" mail files

7. Where is Kermit and zmodem won't work

8. X display speed slows when running netscape.

9. Zmodem

10. Hot to set up minicom and seyon to append when dl w/zmodem

11. X/Y/ZMODEM for UNIX

12. Using zmodem with tip

13. zmodem for unix