ejecting optical disks

Post by James Clarks » Sun, 28 Aug 1994 01:23:36

Has anyone successfully managed to write (or ammend) a 4.2 device driver
for SunOS 4.1.3 which will allow the eject command to eject unmounted
disks ?
My current setup has a Maxtor Tahiti 3 drive connected to a Sparc 2
via an OCU Ten (which maps the optical drive as a standard 4.2 block
device and inhibits manual ejecting of mounted disks).

If this is not an appropriate group to ask this, whould someone be
good enough to tell me where to go ? (politely !)

Thanks for any help received.

--

    (CompuSerf:100043,1700)      | my views coincide with those of my employers
        James Clarkson           |  has not even occurred to cross their minds

1. Preventing Optical Disk from ejecting

Hi all,

Does anyone know a way of preventing media removal on a removable drive.

I'm trying to get our Maxoptix Optical Disk Drive installed safely.  I'm
having trouble with the eject button on the front of the drive.

When we mount a disk, subsequent presses of the eject button have no
effect; HOWEVER, if we write data to the drive, pressing the eject
button will cause the disk to eject while the data is being written.
This will corrupt our disk and require running fsck.

(We're using Solaris 2.5.1, with a MaxOptix T4-2600 Disk drive and
optical disks which are mounted as a direct access device under Solaris)

Thanks,

-Daryl

2. apache domain name control

3. NKK Disc Inn optical disc changer

4. LT Win Modem Installation Problems

5. Problem accessing large optical disk disk after kernel upgrade

6. why i like linux

7. Problem ejecting CD wtih "eject"

8. Go figure! :)

9. Error while ejecting cd-rom with eject command...

10. eject while Zip-Disc mounted

11. mounting/unmounting ejecting ZIP disks

12. Zip Drive (Root Disk) Ejects upon Booter1.8 bootstart...

13. optical drives and optical media