Incorrect dialin permissions

Post by Francois van der Merw » Fri, 02 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

I have a SCO openserver where workstations dial in to
upload files to the server using the rz program.
If the workstation logs in as root then the upload
works fine, if they log in as any other user the
upload program hangs during file transfer.

I have checked the permissions of the destination
directory so that the userid which is used is both
the owner and has the correct group permissions
to read and write to the directory.

Any suggestions ?

Many thanks
Francois v/d Merwe

Post by bmar.. » Sat, 03 Jan 1998 04:00:00

   >If the workstation logs in as root then the upload
   >works fine, if they log in as any other user the
   >upload program hangs during file transfer.
   >I have checked the permissions of the destination
   >directory so that the userid which is used is both
   >the owner and has the correct group permissions
   >to read and write to the directory.
   >Any suggestions ?

Check the documentation.  Rz might be trying to create a log file in a
directory where the user does not have permission.

   >Many thanks
   >Francois v/d Merwe

Net-Tamer V 1.09.2  - Test Drive