Recommendation on Fax software in Solaris 2.6

Recommendation on Fax software in Solaris 2.6

Post by freed.. » Fri, 21 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

   We are currently running Solaris 2.6 in our Sun E3500
server. We are in the process of setting up and connecting our
US Robotics 56K modem to it.
   Is there any recommendation on faxing software we can
use which include the following :

   1.  Ability to fax TIFFs images and text.
   2.  Average 400 faxes will be sent out at various
       time of the day 7 days a week.
   3.  Ability to queue job to be sent at a later time.
   4.  Ability to page sys admins should problem occurs.
   5.  Easy to setup and maintain.

   We can go with either freeware or commercial products.

Thanks,

Bill

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Recommendation on Fax software in Solaris 2.6

Post by obrien.. » Fri, 21 Jan 2000 04:00:00

You might want to look at Hylafax.

Quote:

> Hi,

>    We are currently running Solaris 2.6 in our Sun E3500
> server. We are in the process of setting up and connecting our
> US Robotics 56K modem to it.
>    Is there any recommendation on faxing software we can
> use which include the following :

>    1.  Ability to fax TIFFs images and text.
>    2.  Average 400 faxes will be sent out at various
>        time of the day 7 days a week.
>    3.  Ability to queue job to be sent at a later time.
>    4.  Ability to page sys admins should problem occurs.
>    5.  Easy to setup and maintain.

>    We can go with either freeware or commercial products.

> Thanks,

> Bill

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Recommendation on Fax software in Solaris 2.6

Hi,

   We are currently running Solaris 2.6 in our Sun E3500
server. We are in the process of setting up and connecting our
US Robotics 56K modem to it.
   Is there any recommendation on faxing software we can
use which include the following :

   1.  Ability to fax TIFFs images and text.
   2.  Average 400 faxes will be sent out at various
       time of the day 7 days a week.
   3.  Ability to queue job to be sent at a later time.
   4.  Ability to page sys admins should problem occurs.
   5.  Easy to setup and maintain.

   We can go with either freeware or commercial products.

Thanks,

Bill

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Too New of a version of Boot & Root Disks!

3. slow make dependency checking in large directories

4. Anti-virus software recommendation for Solaris 2.6

5. LILO doesn't like my 10G hard drive

6. Can software compiled for Solaris 2.5 be used in Solaris 2.6?

7. Courier Mail & Debian

8. fax software recommendation?

9. How to view fax(*.awd) on SPARC Solaris 2.6?

10. recommendation requested for linux faxing software

11. Need a FAX server for Solaris 2.6 or 2.7

12. recommendations for best fax modem hardware/software combinations