1. How to browse internt thru' LAN's MS proxy server (also serving as firewall)
Recently, I installed Redhat Linux 7.0 at my office computer. Our intranet
uses all Microsoft stuff and all my collegues use windows boxes.
I could manage to connect my linux box to interal LAN successfully (also
could browse the network neighbourhood by using Samba server). We have DHCP
server on our LAN. So, I have used DHCP client protocal for my Linux box.
So during login, I could automatically get private IP address, gateway, IP
address of internal DNS server correctly. These things I confirmed by
checking relevant configuration files (like /etc/resolv.conf ,
/etc/sysconfig/network ...) in my linux box.
But, I can't get authenticated by our firewall ( ofcouse, in netscape, proxy
server options , I have enterned correct address of our internal firewall &
port). Another thing, I observed, if use "connect thru' proxy server option
in netscape, I can't even surf our INTRANET sites. But if I change, options
to " direct connection to internet" in Netscape, I could surf the INTRANET
But same thing, If I do using Winnt system, I could successfully get
authenticated thru' our firewall to browse the internet.
We use MS proxy server 2.0. Another interesting thing I observated is :
When I use WINNT system & start IE5.5 for internet browsing, during
authentication process, there are 3 feilds displayed
field#1 : username
field#2 : password
field#3 : domainname
But , When I use my Linux box & start Netscape 4.75, during authentication
process, only first two fields are displayed. I don't know why. Is this
Could anybody help me, why I am not able connect my Linux box to internet
thru MS proxy server.
thanx in advance.
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com.
Posted from [184.108.40.206] by way of f224.law9.hotmail.com [220.127.116.11]
via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.Mailgate.ORG
2. Solaris 2.6 add-on packages.
3. UNIX Traceroute through a Firewall
4. Setting kernel parameters for semaphores, etc?
5. redhat server won't route thru firewall
6. Code Crusader question
7. Can't tunnel thru firewall
8. update path for man pages.
9. Help on firewall ruleset for routing X (Exceed) thru the Linux firewall
10. UNIX web server "pass-thru's"
11. /usr/sbin/traceroute ha1 ksh: /usr/sbin/traceroute: not found
12. firewall properties in traceroute