Anagrams

Post by Stephen Dav » Thu, 30 Sep 1993 20:42:57

        How would I go about making a simple Anagram proggy, using the
dictionary included?  Single word, simple stuff... any help is appreciated.

--
|  Keep repeating the following phrase to a friend until they get it  |
|  right.  Tries: 1=Genius  2=Great  3=Average  4=Not bad  5^=Dweeb   |

Anagrams

Post by Dave Miel » Wed, 06 Oct 1993 21:54:00

>    How would I go about making a simple Anagram proggy, using the
>dictionary included?  Single word, simple stuff... any help is appreciated.

>--
>|  Keep repeating the following phrase to a friend until they get it  |
>|  right.  Tries: 1=Genius  2=Great  3=Average  4=Not bad  5^=Dweeb   |
>|    "'Good morning, sir" said Eve to Adam.  'Good morning, madam'    |
>|     to Eve said Adam."                               {Try it!}      |

An archie on "managram", (my super-fast anagram finder) might find nothing,
else e-mail me, and I'll post to alt.sources.

mark

--

One .sig to rule them all, One .sig to find them...
One .sig to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

Anagrams

Post by Mr Philip Arthur Riebo » Wed, 06 Oct 1993 22:12:20

Quote:>    How would I go about making a simple Anagram proggy, using the
>dictionary included?  Single word, simple stuff... any help is appreciated.

This is discussed in "Programming Pearls" by "John Bentley". Basically the
idea was to produce a list consisting of the sorted characters in the
word followed by the word itself (converting to a single case). So "fred"
would produce "defr fred". Sort this list then compare the first 'word'
in adjacent lines. If they are the same then the second words are
anagrams of each other.

I can recommend the book, it's worth having a look at for this and other
examples. It also contains the only explanation of the binary search
which I _fully_ understood.

                Philip

1. somebody used free soft of AnaGram?

i have used the free soft of AnaGram,and maybe it can be called evaluator,
which can help you to evaluate an expression,and it support a function named
evaluateExpression(char *expression),but it cannot support multi-thread
program,if you know how to make it support,please feel free to tell me,
and your help are appreciated.

Thanks and Best Regards!

2. test

3. Problems compiling ephem & anagram

4. tape

5. Amusing Aaron Kulkis Anagrams

6. C-Forge v1.0 Integrated Development Environment