Need Help Setting up DNS on SunOS 4.1.3

Post by Abdul Maj » Thu, 10 Aug 1995 04:00:00

Hi,
        I'm trying to setup our Sun station to make querries to the
Name Server using DNS instead of NIS(Sun's Default).  I believe I'll
have to make some changes in gethostname routine and complie it.  My
problem is that I don't know where to start from. Any help would be
appreciated.

        Majid.

Need Help Setting up DNS on SunOS 4.1.3

Post by Tony Curt » Thu, 10 Aug 1995 04:00:00

Majid> Hi, I'm trying to setup our Sun station to make
Majid> querries to the Name Server using DNS instead of
Majid> NIS(Sun's Default).  I believe I'll have to make some
Majid> changes in gethostname routine and complie it.  My
Majid> problem is that I don't know where to start from. Any
Majid> help would be appreciated.

find the resolv+ package

Use your favourite archie site or a net search engine.

hope that helps,
tony

1. need help setting up DNS backup s erver and FTP on SunOS

Hi

a friend of mine who has a small company and uses only WinNT asked me if I
can help him setting up a backup DNS server on his little sun box, which
runs SunOS and is unused ( nobody ever uses Unix there)
Well, I know some Unix but I never installed a DNS server on a Unix machine
and I don't even know where to start and how the fact that all the other
machines are NT might effect what I do.
They also want to set up FTP on the sun box. I need suggestions and advice
how and where to start.

Thanks so much, please e-mail me

claus

2. Network is unreachable error...

3. need help setting up backup DNS server and FTP on SunOS

4. TEST - please ignore

5. need help setting up DNS backup server on SunOS

6. I NEED UNIX HELP!!!

7. Need help setting NIS+ replica on SunOS 4.1.x

8. test

9. need help setting up dial-in and -out on same modem in SunOS 4.1

10. need help setting up NIS on SunOS

11. need help setting up my solaris 10 machine as a dns server

12. Need help In Setting Up DNS In A Hostile Environment

13. Need help with setting up DNS