Sending a file via email to Microsoft Outlook 2000

Sending a file via email to Microsoft Outlook 2000

Post by Nick G. Anagno » Wed, 08 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Need to know if I can send an email from hpux11.0 series 9000 to
Outlook?  I created a shell program that runs on hpux and it creates a
file at the end of the job.  I like to send that daily file to users by
way of Microsoft Outlook.

Nick G. Anagnos

Sending a file via email to Microsoft Outlook 2000

Post by Timothy J. L » Thu, 09 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>Need to know if I can send an email from hpux11.0 series 9000 to
>Outlook?  I created a shell program that runs on hpux and it creates a
>file at the end of the job.  I like to send that daily file to users by
>way of Microsoft Outlook.

It would be a lot easier for a script to use mail, mailx, or mutt to
send the file.  E.g., at the end of your script, do something like:

        mailx -s "Daily file" user1 user2 user3 < daily-file

or (for doing it as an attachment instead of in line):

        mutt -s "Daily file" -a daily-file user1 user2 user3 < /dev/null

Timothy J. Lee