How to convert TCP/IP packet to IPX packet and visa-versa ?

How to convert TCP/IP packet to IPX packet and visa-versa ?

Post by bha.. » Wed, 29 Jun 1994 05:26:14

Hi,

In my project I need to capture IP and IPX (Novell) packet and get
the values of individual packet elements, e.g. source address,
destination address, data, CRC, etc. Actually, I have to write a program
which converts TCP/IP packets to IPX packets and visa-versa.

I am using Solaris 2.1 on a Sparce workstation. I am also using Novell
Netware 3.12 as a gateway between TCP/IP environment and IPX environment.

I am relatively new to this area and would like to know more
about TCP/IP packets, IPX packets, and related stuff.
If you have any information which could be useful for me, do send
it to me.

Please send your replies by email.

Many thanks in advance,

- Bharat,

1. How to convert TCP/IP packet to IPX packet and visa-versa ?

Hi,

In my project I need to capture IP and IPX (Novell) packet and get
the values of individual packet elements, e.g. source address,
destination address, data, CRC, etc. Actually, I have to write a program
which converts TCP/IP packets to IPX packets and visa-versa.

I am using Solaris 2.1 on a Sparce workstation. I am also using Novell
Netware 3.12 as a gateway between TCP/IP environment and IPX environment.

I am relatively new to this area and would like to know more
about TCP/IP packets, IPX packets, and related stuff.
If you have any information which could be useful for me, do send
it to me.

Please send your replies by email.

Many thanks in advance,

- Bharat,

2. Fixing "hibit_high" problem with ET4000?

3. how to convert (ipx<-->tcp/ip) packets

4. windows manager

5. how to convert(ipx<-->tcp/ip) packets

6. Sendmail still problem!

7. Using Linux to route TCP/IP and IPX packets between networks

8. 3 OS boot with lilo?

9. Tracing TCP/IP packets from NIC to TCP

10. TCP/IP: Slow packets every so often, even with the TCP patch.

11. IP packets over PPP hang, but LCP packets continue.

12. Generate - TCP/IP Packets

13. Capturing and viewing TCP/IP packets (over ethernet)...