posting rot-13 with tin

Post by Gordon Patrick Warr » Thu, 22 Sep 1994 00:26:44

Well, I read the man page and searched the online help
and still haven't figured out how (or if) I can post
a message using tin that incorporates rot-13.

I refuse to use xrn, but if there is another tty-based
newsreader that *can* post rot-13 please let me know.

Thanks,
-gw

posting rot-13 with tin

Post by elaroc » Fri, 23 Sep 1994 23:29:20

Quote:Patrick Warren) writes:
>Well, I read the man page and searched the online help
>and still haven't figured out how (or if) I can post
>a message using tin that incorporates rot-13.

>I refuse to use xrn, but if there is another tty-based
>newsreader that *can* post rot-13 please let me know.

>Thanks,
>-gw

When in vi, use

        :%!tr "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ"
                "nopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijklmNOPQRSTUVWXYZABCDEFGHIJKLM"

----