Unzip.EXE doesn't work!

Post by Kurt Wal » Mon, 05 Jan 1998 04:00:00

> Hi.  Dear friends.  I ftped an unzip.exe and saved under my own
> directory.  but whenever I execute it, the shell feedback is "command not
> found".   How come?  please.  Thank lyou very much.

> --

../unzip my-compressed-file

Unzip.EXE doesn't work!

Post by Justin Bank » Tue, 06 Jan 1998 04:00:00

> Hi.  Dear friends.  I ftped an unzip.exe and saved under my own
> directory.  but whenever I execute it, the shell feedback is "command not
> found".   How come?  please.  Thank lyou very much.

The directory in which you installed the executable is not in your path. You
must either add this directory to your path, or give the full path to it
when invoking it in a command.

Examples :
---------

(in ~/.cshrc or other where appropriate) :

  set path = ($path /my/home/directory/where_the_executable_is)

(from the command line ) :

  /my/home/directory/where_the_executable_is/unzip.exe lots-o-files

-justinb

--
Justin Banks     \ if the answer is the same whether you're programming
Silicon Graphics \ in Perl, C, or Visual Modula 17++ with JavaBeans and

Unzip.EXE doesn't work!

Post by Valentin Nako » Thu, 08 Jan 1998 04:00:00

> Hi.  Dear friends.  I ftped an unzip.exe and saved under my own
> directory.  but whenever I execute it, the shell feedback is "command not
> found".   How come?  please.  Thank lyou very much.

> --

look for
1. permissions
       at least -r-x------ , i.e. executable for you (owner)
2. path
     change your environment variable "path" or execute it from the current
directory ./file_to_execute

Regards
VN

1. unzip.exe on dosemu0.48, a question

I'm trying to get my dos file compression utilities (zip, arj zoo, lha)
working under dosemu0.48.  The executables are in hdimage, and they seem to
run fine, BUT....

The files I wish to uncompress are on a dos partition.  If I allow
dosemu direct access to the dos partion (mounted under /usr/dos), it executes
and all is well provided no other linux process accessed /usr/dos aat the
same time.  Now I'd prefer to access the dos partition through LINUX.EXE
so that I don't have to worry about other processes, but unzip or arj
etc. report an error that goes something like

   Can't open <filename>.zip
or
   Can't access <filename>.zip

or something to that effect.  Any ideas on why I get this message?
The zip file is read write enabled, there is plenty of room in the
destination directory...

Do file compression utilities like zip bypass the bios when accessing
a disk? (under dos that is)

Help.

Scott Little

2. LABEL in /etc/fstab

3. Re. bffcreate -X doesn't work Re: bffcreate -X Doesn't Work

4. Help!

5. TrueType .exe files won't unzip :(

6. TX chipset and Redhat 4.2

7. how do I unzip unzip512.zip so I can unzip unzip?

8. Solaris and Telebit Netblazer

9. PPP doesn't die, it just doesn't work anymore

10. : PLIP start up doesn't report problems but also doesn't work?

11. Oh, fooey -- drivers don't work, rpm doesn't work

12. Why NVT.EXE doesn't see SPX servers?

13. my exe doesn't run from script like it does from cmd line .......