Windows95 to SCO UNIX connectivity using IPX.

Windows95 to SCO UNIX connectivity using IPX.

Post by Clarence Dol » Tue, 28 Nov 1995 04:00:00

: We have a SCO UNIX database server that accepts requests
: from Windows95 clients over BSD Sockets using TCP/IP.  One
: of our clients has a large Novell network (IPX/SPX) and does
: not want to use TCP/IP.  It seems that our only option is to

We use IPX for Novell, and TCP for UNIX connectivity on the same LAN, from
both Windows and Windows for Workgroups.
Unless there is some philosophical problem, I don't know why you shouldn't
run both on your network.

--
---

                - Pope Valley & Napa CA.

Post by Jack Kesselma » Tue, 28 Nov 1995 04:00:00

We have a SCO UNIX database server that accepts requests
from Windows95 clients over BSD Sockets using TCP/IP.  One
of our clients has a large Novell network (IPX/SPX) and does
not want to use TCP/IP.  It seems that our only option is to
modify our server to support the IPX/SPX protocol.  The problem
that we are running into is that SCO UNIX implements sockets
using the TLI libraries.  Use of these libraries would mean
extensive changes to our server.

Has anyone else our there run into a simlar problem (i.e. support
of sockets through both TCP/IP and IPX/SPX?  Are there any third
party libraries that would allow us to make minimal modifications
to our server?

Any comments would be most appreciated.

Jack Kesselman

1. Windows95/Unix Connectivity

Is there a way to attach a Unix server to a Windows95 machine so as to
allow the Unix server to appear when the network is browsed, and allow
drive mapping under Windows95?  I'm looking at setting up a Unix server
for 25 users who are born and bred Windows users.

Thanks.

Waif

2. *** US-FL- Several UNIX Systems Administration positions ***

3. Printing from Windows95 on SCO Merge to a remote Windows95 printer

4. typeid and SUN CC 4.2 compiler

5. Windows95 AND SCO Unix

6. Linmodem driver for drsquare

7. Windows95 IDE's that target SCO Unix ???

8. Help RedHat Metro-X

9. Windows95 and SCO Unix?????

10. uucp connectivity problems SCO <-> Prime 325 Unix

11. SCO Unix 4.3 Connectivity

12. NT <-> SCO System UNIX/386 V3.2 direct cable PPP connectivity...?