LEarning to program in UNIX Specs

Post by Christopher Fairbai » Thu, 04 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

I'm 15 years old and am wanting to learn how to program in UNIX
howerver I must first setup a UNIX computer. Can anyone tell me what
specs I will require to get a computer to run UNIX properly? As you
know I'm on a very tight budget.

Thanks

Christopher Fairbairn,

or

1. learning unix programming by studying unix source code ?

Hi,
would it be a good way to learn unix programming to the bottom if
one would work thru source codes of some of the freely available
unixes (like linux for example) ? This assumes one knows assembler
and C.

Thanx,
OggieD.

Cmpt.Sci major - 1st year
University of Saskatchewan
Saskatoon, Canada

2. Decent Display Card

3. Where to Learn Unix C Programming??

4. Another problem with recvfrom socket call

5. Learning Unix C Programming

6. DOS Windows on Xterminal

7. Any body is learning the Unix Network Programing Vol 1?

8. Linking and Library question...

9. learn unix shell programming

10. **LEARN UNIX programming!**

11. C programmer wants to learn unix programming

12. learning serial programming for Linux/Unix