g++/elf Problem - libelf error: elf_getarsym:

g++/elf Problem - libelf error: elf_getarsym:

Post by Peter Lindstr? » Sat, 30 Nov 1996 04:00:00

I am running g++ on a SCO OSE 5. I have downloaded the g++ compiler from
SCO skunkware.
When I try to compile a program I get the following error :

FILENAME.a: libelf error: elf_getarsym:

Where FILENAME.a is the name of one my .a files.

I would apreciate some help since I have not got the faintest clue fore
where to start looking. I thank in advance.
--

************************
* Peter Lindstr?m      *

************************

1. Linux ELF: is there a SVR4 libelf.a lookalike library ?

For certain applications that manipulate object files I need SVR4
libelf.a functions like elf_update etc. on Linux. Does somebody know if such
a library exists or how to map these functions to libbfd functions ?
Thankx in advance,

#    Claus Seitter
#    SIEMENS NIXDORF AG
#    SNI BS2000 SD214
#    Muenchen
#    Tel. +49-89-636-49268

2. FTP slow

3. strip: libelf error: I/O error: output msync

4. Linux Audit Project

5. 'strip' failing w/ libelf error

6. January 1996 GNU's Bulletin

7. gcc error: "elf error: file insn-attrtab.o: elf_strptr: Request error: no string table"

8. System V

9. 'strip' failing w/ libelf error

10. ELF upgrade problems -- ncurses, gdbm, elf kernel

11. Problem Modifying Executable with libelf

12. Linux XFree86 elf xerver wn't work (Mach32, ELF)

13. SVR4 ELF access library question... (ELF-specific)