Seeking Linux GUI debugger

Post by Sean C. Murph » Thu, 04 Jan 2001 13:52:08

Hello,

<Linux neophyte alert!>

I am seeking a GUI symbolic de* for Linux/gcc, does such a thing exist or
will I have to warm back up to gdb (or some such)?

Thanks much.

--
Sean C. Murphy

Seeking Linux GUI debugger

Post by Stewart Heitman » Thu, 04 Jan 2001 14:56:05

try xxgdb (a gui front end to gdb) or ddd  which has a better interface in my
opinion.

Quote:> Hello,

> <Linux neophyte alert!>

> I am seeking a GUI symbolic de* for Linux/gcc, does such a thing exist or
> will I have to warm back up to gdb (or some such)?

> Thanks much.

> --
> Sean C. Murphy

Seeking Linux GUI debugger

Post by EE » Thu, 04 Jan 2001 17:39:20

Hi,

> I am seeking a GUI symbolic de* for Linux/gcc, does such a thing exist or
> will I have to warm back up to gdb (or some such)?

you will get the most GUI from the ddd.
Just install the ddd-package in your Linux

Regards
Alex

Seeking Linux GUI debugger

Post by EE » Thu, 04 Jan 2001 17:40:24

Hi,

> I am seeking a GUI symbolic de* for Linux/gcc, does such a thing exist or
> will I have to warm back up to gdb (or some such)?

you will get the most GUI from the ddd.
Just install the ddd-package in your Linux

Regards
Alex

PS: Here is an article with some screenshots:
http://www.veryComputer.com/