Runtime dynamic linking.

Post by R E East » Fri, 29 Jul 1994 06:30:43

Could someone point me to some references (ones I don't have to buy) which
describe for the variety of unixes if it is possible to do this type of
linking (like an OS/2 or Windows DLL) and how to do it in C???
Thanks.

        Evan

St. Paul, MN  55108                                             (612) 641-0844

Runtime dynamic linking.

Post by John Va » Fri, 29 Jul 1994 22:43:42

Quote:>Could someone point me to some references (ones I don't have to buy) which
>describe for the variety of unixes if it is possible to do this type of
>linking (like an OS/2 or Windows DLL) and how to do it in C???
>Thanks.

>    Evan

I believe you want to look up "shared libraries".  Some info should be in
a C programmer's guide if one came with the system.

John Vago

>--

>St. Paul, MN  55108                                             (612) 641-0844

1. How to do dynamic linking at runtime ?

Subject says it all.
I want to write a program which does dynamic linking at runtime, i.e. I get
the name of the dll (contains functions for which the number and type of its
arguments are known) by some way of user input, then load the dll and call
the additional functions. I once heard this might be possible with ELF
libraries ?

Please reply by email.

Bye !

Frank

--
This message is copyrighted (C) 1995 by Frank Hofmann and may not be
distributed over Microsoft Network. License to distribute this Message

2. Howto change display resolution with solaris 2.4

3. dynamic loading vs. dynamic linking

4. Monitor problems with Thinkpad 770??

5. shmem works static-linked, but not dynamic-linked

6. Spontaneous crash of Cirrus 5446

7. dynamic linking -> static linking == some _smaller_ executables

8. SCSI hard disk and ISA NE2000 conflict

9. Static linked std libraryes in Dynamic linked libraryes

10. time launching aspect : static link vs dynamic link

11. dynamic linking vs. static linking

12. Dynamic linking and link editor

13. dynamic link to static link...