tftp problem

Post by benbachir yousse » Thu, 23 May 2002 21:23:54

Hi,

I am working on a freeBSD machine and I want to send a file from a computer
into another one, using the tftp transfer protocol.
The problem is that The name of the file I want to send is dynamically
created and the tftp serveur answers: File Not Found. I conclue that I am
obliged to create the file on the host machine before macking the transfer.
But is It there a way to avoid that?
I know that It works with the GET command but I am obliged to use the PUT
one.

Thanks in advance.
Youssef

tftp problem

Post by Barry Margoli » Fri, 24 May 2002 00:37:22

>Hi,

>I am working on a freeBSD machine and I want to send a file from a computer
>into another one, using the tftp transfer protocol.
>The problem is that The name of the file I want to send is dynamically
>created and the tftp serveur answers: File Not Found. I conclue that I am
>obliged to create the file on the host machine before macking the transfer.
>But is It there a way to avoid that?

I don't think so.  Since TFTP doesn't require a username or password, it
requires that the file already exist and have world-write permission before
it will allow you to write it.

--

Genuity, Woburn, MA

tftp problem

Post by p.. » Fri, 24 May 2002 05:43:46

Quote:> Hi,
> I am working on a freeBSD machine and I want to send a file from a computer
> into another one, using the tftp transfer protocol.
> The problem is that The name of the file I want to send is dynamically
> created and the tftp serveur answers: File Not Found. I conclue that I am
> obliged to create the file on the host machine before macking the transfer.
> But is It there a way to avoid that?
> I know that It works with the GET command but I am obliged to use the PUT
> one.

Why not use any of the better file-transfer tools ( ftp, scp rcp) comes to
my mind ?

Quote:> Thanks in advance.

--
Peter H?kanson
        IPSec  Sverige      ( At Gothenburg Riverside )

tftp problem

Post by those who know me have no need of my nam » Sat, 25 May 2002 09:13:17

[fu-t set.  yuck!  every friggin' group with `bsd' in the name except ones
that are freebsd oriented.  that was lame.  please don't do it again.]

Quote:>The problem is that The name of the file I want to send is dynamically
>created and the tftp serveur answers: File Not Found. I conclue that I am
>obliged to create the file on the host machine before macking the transfer.
>But is It there a way to avoid that?

it's a security measure.  you can replace the tftp daemon (not recommended)
or use a different transfer method (e.g., rcp or scp).

1. HELP Linux Diskless TFTP problem?

Please help!!!

i'm trying to connect an old 486 to my linux server
i boot the 486 with a bootrom on floppy
the 486 send the request to server;get an IP adr
prompt the path to the kernel (all seems to be good :-))
so bootpd seems well working
but na it doesnt load any kernel and prompt:

"TFTP: ARP TIMEOUT" :-(((( what does that mean
what to do?????

i've read so many nfs diskless ... howto and no answer
so here is the last chance! once again PLEASE HELP ME

any answer welcome

--

Fran?ois Mercier
bientot...

2. language specification for Korn shell?

3. tftp problems...

4. Accessing SCSI device which was off at boot time

5. DCHP/TFTP problem HELP !!!

6. Signal 11?

7. tftp problems

8. message queue permission problem...