Development Environment for UNIX 'ala - Visual C++'

Development Environment for UNIX 'ala - Visual C++'

Post by Xavier Otaz » Thu, 20 Jan 2000 04:00:00

    Hi!

    Until now I was forced to programm in Microsoft environments to use a
graphical interphace ('windows'), but as I love UNIX environment, I was
searching for something similar to MFC's and Visual C++ for UNIX.

    There exists some Development Environment for X Windows ? That is, I
know that exists the Motif standard, and I have heard about OpenVM (or
something like that). I would like to know if exists for UNIX (or X-Windows)
some environment like the Microsoft Developer Studio Visual C++, and the MFC
libraries.

        Thank you.

Post by Eggert.Eh.. » Thu, 20 Jan 2000 04:00:00

>    There exists some Development Environment for X Windows ? That is, I
>know that exists the Motif standard, and I have heard about OpenVM (or
>something like that). I would like to know if exists for UNIX (or X-Windows)
>some environment like the Microsoft Developer Studio Visual C++, and the MFC
>libraries.

The best one (and most expensive) seems to be sniff:
http://www.takefive.com/
They have 30-day trial version, and even a free version for Linux.
These platforms are supported:

                          AIX 4.2 or newer
                          Digital UNIX 3.2, 4.X
                          HP-UX 10.20 or newer
                          Linux 2.x glibc 2.1
                          Solaris 2.4 or newer (SPARC)
                          SunOS 4.X
                          Reliant UNIX (Sinix) 5.43 or newer
                          IRIX 5.3 or newer, IRIX 6.X
                          UnixWare 7.X / 2.X and OpenServer 5.X
                          Windows NT 4.0 (Intel)
                          Windows 95
                          Windows 98

Another idea might be to install KDE and KDevelop.

Answers please in this newsgroup!

Post by Larry Blanchar » Thu, 20 Jan 2000 04:00:00

>     Hi!

>     Until now I was forced to programm in Microsoft environments to use a
> graphical interphace ('windows'), but as I love UNIX environment, I was
> searching for something similar to MFC's and Visual C++ for UNIX.

Yeccccchhhhhh!!!

--
Larry Blanchard - please sterilize my address before replying
Homo Sapiens is a goal, not a description.

1. Question re: Best compiler...Microsoft Visual C/C++ vs. Symantec's Visual C/C++

Could anyone out there possibly help me. I am trying to find
out which is the best compiler between Microsoft Visual C/C++
and Symantec's Visual C/C++.I am sure others have done this
comparison and I'm interested in their findings. Any help in
this direction would be greatly appreciated.I don't know if this
is the best newsgroup to post a question of this nature or not.
Any suggestions of another newsgroup more likely to cater
to a question of this nature would also be appreciate. Thanks
in advance for your help.

2. login accounts break

3. c++ IDE like Microsoft's Visual C++, is there one

4. Is Linux/Mandrake good?

5. C++ development environments on UNIX

6. Securing a new kernel...

7. What C++ development environments are available for different unix platforms?

8. Top 10 subjects comp.unix.shell

9. Need a tool to 'unzip' files in a Unix environment

10. Integrating Unix & DOS 'make' environment?

11. visual development environment

12. An X Visual development environment