Why X libraries are not reentrant?

Post by Hong F » Sat, 16 Jan 1993 08:21:28

Hi, everybody:

I have a short question, What is 'reentrant'? and Why X libraries are not
reentrant?, i.e. no signal handler in CallBack. If you have a answer,

appreciate.

Hong Fan

1. Same lib.so for reentrant and non-reentrant progs

Hi Folks,
I am trying to build a dynamic library to replace both a static library
which supports legacy code, and a collection of the same routines which
has been recompiled with _REENTRANT defined to support some new code.
My problem is that the legacy code would need to use the non-reentrant
version of the routines, and the new code needs the reentrant versions.
How can I include both versions in the library, and assure that the
correct version is used in each case?
Does anyone know how the standard C library does this?  I don't see any
filters when I use "ldd", and I really don't want things to get that
complex if I can avoid it.
I am using Solaris 2.6, gcc, and the Solaris "ld" command.
Thanx,
Smiddy

2. funny nfs problem

3. Why am I not 'Logged in' ?

4. What command do I use?

5. Why am I not getting the right port number?

6. ANNOUNCE: web2ldap release 0.11.17

7. Why am I not logged in wtmp?

8. Scripted telnet

9. Q: Why am I not authorized to use efnet irc servers

10. Why am I not prompted for a password?

11. Q: Why am I getting "Sorry - PPP is not available on this system"?????

12. Why am I not getting the right port number?

13. Multithreading a non re-entrant library...