Help: Auto-reply for email

Post by Liaw Yong Shyan » Sat, 20 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

I apologise if this is not the right newsgroup as I don't know which
newsgroup to send. I would appreciate if you can help me with this.

I would like to setup a system where I can automatically send a reply
whenever there is an email for me. In this email, I will attach a file for
the sender too. How can I do this?? Any suggestions/help will be greatly
appreciated.

Thank you.

Help: Auto-reply for email

Post by James Le » Sat, 20 Sep 1997 04:00:00

procmail is the easiest way to do this.  (assuming you are on a linux or
other unix type system). There is an other newsgroup just for procmail.

--
-.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.. . -. .---- -.. -.. -.- -..-. .-- -....

  Verilog Instructor      http://c118618-a.frmt1.sfba.home.com
  Author "Verilog Quickstart" ISBN 0-7923-9927-7
-.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.. . -. .---- -.. -.. -.- -..-. .-- -....

Help: Auto-reply for email

Post by Michael Starki » Fri, 26 Sep 1997 04:00:00

If you are on a UNIX system I believe all you need do is put a file in
your home directory called .vacation

In this file you can type some text and it will be sent to the sender
automatically.

Help: Auto-reply for email

Post by Martin Hol » Sat, 27 Sep 1997 04:00:00

> If you are on a UNIX system I believe all you need do is put a file in
> your home directory called .vacation

> In this file you can type some text and it will be sent to the sender
> automatically.

Not exactly. You can start the vacation program, which will manipulate
your ~/.forward file and create a file ~/.vacation.msg, which you can
edit to suite your needs.

Martin

1. Help setting up auto-reply mail

I want to setup my mail system for user "info"
to return one of several canned files depeding
on the text in the subject line. Can someone
point me to some documentation how to do this?
Thanks...

Don Rubin

2. command for checking kernel version

3. Auto [email] reply/responder from RedHat 7

4. miroCRYSTAL 20SD-PCI

5. Auto replies on incoming emails

6. LDAP replication from MS Exchange to Linux

7. auto email reply

8. xdm and kde2

9. Is is possible to auto reply to a certain email account

10. auto email reply

11. Auto reply to e-mails

12. sendmail/outlook auto-reply setup

13. Senmail auto-reply