How start a program at specific time and view resources use

How start a program at specific time and view resources use

Post by Walter Brivi » Fri, 06 Nov 1998 04:00:00

1) I need to start a program at specific time, for example at 10:45, 20
November 1998.
I need to insert the comand in a script shell.

2) Do you know how is possible to view the resources use of a processand
its state.( in script shell)

Thank you.

Post by Aaron Cra » Fri, 06 Nov 1998 04:00:00

> 1) I need to start a program at specific time, for example at 10:45, 20
> November 1998.
> I need to insert the comand in a script shell.

man at.  If you don't have enough permissions, ask your sysadmin to (remove
you from at.deny and) add you to add.allow.

Quote:> 2) Do you know how is possible to view the resources use of a processand
> its state.( in script shell)

I'm not sure what you want here.  Try man time.

--

Post by John Simpso » Fri, 06 Nov 1998 04:00:00

 > 1) I need to start a program at specific time, for example at 10:45,
20
 > November 1998.
 > I need to insert the comand in a script shell.
 >
 > 2) Do you know how is possible to view the resources use of a
processand
 > its state.( in script shell)
 >
 > Thank you.

For Item 1) check your man pages for the "at" command.

--

John H. Simpson

Phone: 503-450-2667  FAX: 503-450-3629

CNF Service Co. (CNF Transportation, Inc.)
1717 NW 21st St.
Portland, OREGON 97209 USA

for e-mail, remove _not_oj_ from address