Where can I download assembly for Solaris

Where can I download assembly for Solaris

Where can I download assembly compiler for Solaris 5.8 x86.

Post by M?ns Rullg? » Wed, 18 Jun 2003 07:57:29

> Where can I download assembly compiler for Solaris 5.8 x86.

Any GNU mirror.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd

Post by Sean Burk » Wed, 18 Jun 2003 08:29:03

> Where can I download assembly compiler for Solaris 5.8 x86.

Don't know about Solaris/x86, but on Solaris/Sparc
it is /usr/ccs/bin/as. If not, perhaps someone opted
not to install it. You should be able to install it
from the CDs in that case.

I expect that you could use GNU's 'gas' as well.
sunfreeware.com doesn't have a binary, but they do
have the gcc binaries for Sol8/x86.

-SEan

--
Remove the pi to email me.

Where can I download assembly for Solaris

Post by Frank Cusac » Wed, 18 Jun 2003 08:40:16

Quote:> Where can I download assembly compiler for Solaris 5.8 x86.

Solaris ships with an assembler (as).  You can also get the gnu binutils
but the native as is preferred, generally.

/fc

Post by Casper H.S. Di » Wed, 18 Jun 2003 18:20:26

>Where can I download assembly compiler for Solaris 5.8 x86.

It should be installed in /usr/ccs/bin (as)

Casper
be fiction rather than truth.

1. It's not bad canned meat...

Thanks for your time.  We at I.S.P.O.T. (The International Society
for the Preservation Of Trees (URL http://www.local-touch.com/ISPOT/)) feel
that electronic messages are great for getting the word out while preserving
our friend the tree.  Anyway, please stop by our home page!

Thanks again!

SusieQ

2. tia & linux

3. Need LILO help

4. Canned Proxy URLs to Filter

5. RSA Laboratories Cryptographers' Colloquia

6. CGI: apache canned response

7. TeX -> ASCII?

8. For those of you tired of canned distributions...

9. Canned "ping"

10. Any Canned Class code?

11. PPPD or Tin Cans: Which is Better?

12. assembly code for solaris