Autoconf and platform name

Post by Andre-John Ma » Wed, 29 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

 Could someone tell me how I can get the platform name to be provided
 by autoconf? The program I am writing will have a lib directory
 that has a sub directory for each of the target platforms, so I
 need to be able autoconf to put the generated code into the right
 directory.

 I imagine something like:

 or something.

 Thanks in advance.

 Andre

--
http://www.bigfoot.com/~ajmas/

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Autoconf and platform name

Post by Andre-John Ma » Thu, 30 Mar 2000 04:00:00

> Hi,

> Could someone tell me how I can get the platform name to be provided
> by autoconf? The program I am writing will have a lib directory
> that has a sub directory for each of the target platforms, so I
> need to be able autoconf to put the generated code into the right
> directory.

> I imagine something like:

I got the answer in the end from looking at the configure.in from the Samba
source code.

Andre

--
http://www.bigfoot.com/~ajmas/

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. autoconf and path names

I'm writing a rather complex build system using autoconf,
and I'd like to make it possible to set up the build
directory inside or outside the source tree. A particularity
is that we have subpackages, but their respective configure
scripts aren't located in their top directory, as they don't
have a top directory (they are folded into each other)...

However, I have trouble with the variables $srcdir etc.
It appears it works if I use absolute path names, but not
with relative ones. So I wonder whether there is some
simple tool (may be even a shell builtin feature), that
transforms a relative path into an absolute one.
On a related note, are there any means to 'normalize'
pathnames, i.e. for example to remove '../<bar>' which
would reduce 'a/b/c/../d' to 'a/b/d' ?

Thanks, Stefan

Stefan Seefeld
Departement de Physique
Universite de Montreal

2. This is Priceless

3. Autoconf cannot determine my host name

4. Tape drives for Linux

5. Matrox Mystique ands X.

6. how to print man pages

7. Programatically retrieve Platform Name

8. Looking for elegant way of doing this ...

9. Names of platform-dependent C preprocessor symbols

10. Finding printer names on various unix platforms

11. Platform, platform

12. Host name, primary name, domain name...?

13. Which named ?...Solaris 2.5 in.named or Berkley named ?