adding users problem

Post by Kim Dae Ji » Fri, 10 Dec 1999 04:00:00

hi everyone

I have a problem.

We run h70 mail server(AIX432,80GB).

I must make a user (2000users)

I need a shell program or c program.

Please reply me!!

PS. Data format

stxxxxxxx 123456789
.
.
stxxxxxxx 1111111111

adding users problem

Post by Once in a China Blue Mo » Fri, 10 Dec 1999 04:00:00

/ We run h70 mail server(AIX432,80GB).
/
/ I must make a user (2000users)
/
/ I need a shell program or c program.
/
/ Please reply me!!
/
/ PS. Data format
/
/
/ stxxxxxxx 123456789
/ ...
/ .
/ .
/ ...
/ stxxxxxxx 1111111111

Basically, isolate the system, and rewrite /etc/passwd and related files
as root. The accounting files are just text files that root can write. If
you need unique passwords, I don't know if there's any password encoding
command. You might have to write one or give every user the same password
or no password.

--
CACS: Collective Against Consensual Sanity       v0.123
Now a text site map! http://www.angelfire.com/ca3/cacs/

adding users problem

Post by Joe Durusa » Fri, 10 Dec 1999 04:00:00

    And after you rewrite those files, boot off your installation media and
clean up the
mess you have made.  There are no safe and standard ways to automatically
ad users.  However, it can be accomplished if you accept the security risk
and
write a script using expect.

Speaking only for myself,

Joe Durusau

Quote:> / We run h70 mail server(AIX432,80GB).
> /
> / I must make a user (2000users)
> /
> / I need a shell program or c program.
> /
> / Please reply me!!
> /
> / PS. Data format
> /
> /
> / stxxxxxxx 123456789
> / ...
> / .
> / .
> / ...
> / stxxxxxxx 1111111111

> Basically, isolate the system, and rewrite /etc/passwd and related files
> as root. The accounting files are just text files that root can write. If
> you need unique passwords, I don't know if there's any password encoding
> command. You might have to write one or give every user the same password
> or no password.

> --
> CACS: Collective Against Consensual Sanity       v0.123
> Now a text site map! http://www.angelfire.com/ca3/cacs/
> pretty?     http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Studios/5079/
> There is no sanctuary.   I am an Andrea Chen plush toy.

adding users problem

Post by Once in a China Blue Mo » Fri, 10 Dec 1999 04:00:00

/     And after you rewrite those files, boot off your installation media and
/ clean up the
/ mess you have made.  There are no safe and standard ways to automatically
/ ad users.  However, it can be accomplished if you accept the security risk

If it scares you, tar the /etc files first.

What do you think vipw and that ilk do? The only real danger is if
multiple processes are editting and you haven't locked /etc/passwd et al.

This is unix, not Windows [a-zA-Z0-9]+.

--
CACS: Collective Against Consensual Sanity       v0.123
Now a text site map! http://www.angelfire.com/ca3/cacs/
pretty?     http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Studios/5079/
There is no sanctuary.   I am an Andrea Chen plush toy.

1. Sysadmsh Adding User Problem!

Hi ladies and gentlemen,

I am using SCO 3.2v4.2.  When trying to add new users in the sysadmsh,
after selecting modify default and adding all the account information, I
should normally be asked if I want to review the changes, accept, or
cancel (something like that).  Well now when I say accept to add the new
user, I get the following error message:

An error occured when creating use: jessicaj

Cannot update subsystem authorization file(s)

Please choose one of : Correct   Retry   Abort

When I choose to retry then all works fine, but I am concerned with the
error message.  It has started appearing recently (last month or so).

Any ideas???

Jeromie Golab

2. Exchanging external SCSI disks

3. Add user problem

4. PCI with Linux

5. USB 2 or FireWire (for external hard drive)

6. nis+ add user problem

7. Breaking the login restriction

8. Adding users problem

9. adding users problem

10. Add user that can add users?

11. Re. Problems adding tape drives to RS6000/220 Re: Problems adding tape drives to RS6000/220

12. Q: Howto: 1) Add/Del user, 2) Alias user address?