Q: CVS doesn't let the root user commit

Post by hwan-jo y » Fri, 21 Sep 2001 05:56:41

How to make CVS let the root be able to commit or update ?
Thanks

Post by Kaduk Mateus » Sat, 22 Sep 2001 00:12:24

> How to make CVS let the root be able to commit or update ?
> Thanks

I just set cvs group for that directory and full access fot it, then i
add users to that group.

Post by Kaduk Mateus » Sat, 22 Sep 2001 00:32:25

> How to make CVS let the root be able to commit or update ?
> Thanks

Just add new group for example cvs and set full access for that group in
you cvs directory. Add users to that group.
Don't forget set enviroment varible to tell cvs where resposetory is.
Add setenv CVSROOT "/var/cvs" in you Shellrc if you are using C Shell.
If bash add export CVSROOT="/dir..." in your bash starting script:)