HELP: NFS mount programming

Post by Vincent Cha » Wed, 21 May 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

I want to mount() system call to mount a nfs directory to another
machine in my code. the result always was -1. Waht happened?

Thanks

any example?

vincent chao

1. NFS mount problems: mount clntudp_create: RPC: Program not registered

Hello!

I am trying to mount a NFS volume on an old Linux 2.0.27 system
but recieve the following error message:

mount clntudp_create: RPC: Program not registered

The most confusing thing is that this mountpoint has worked
for several years...

The system is a RedHat 4.1 installation and I assumed
that nfs-server-2.2beta16-5 is the package involved.
Accordingly to rpm the files from the package are intact.

The NFS-server is a SunOS 5.7 system and the admin people
tell me that they know of no recent changes that could have
caused the previously working setup to fail...

I have check that rpc.nfsd is running and have rebooted the
system but the error remains.

Please Help!

/Bj?rn Medin

Bj?rn Medin
Product Manager
RF-IC and Modules

Ericsson Microelectronics AB
Isafjordsgatan 16, KISTA     Phone:  +46 8 757 4162
S-164 81 KISTA - STOCKHOLM   Mobile: +46 70 5677289
Sweden                       Telefax:+46 8 757 4236

2. Swap space - how much?

3. Help! NFS mount: RPC: Program not registered

4. Canon BJC-250B

5. HELP: NFS mount returns "Program not registered".

6. CD Recorder, how to Record

7. NFS mount fails with "RPC: program not registered"; help!

8. Unable to use mail

9. /var/mail: to NFS mount or not to NFS mount?

10. nfs mount to a nfs mount fails

11. nfs mount problem: mount: can't get address for nfs-server.kauai

12. HELP: NFS MOUNT through mount( ) syscall

13. HELP NFS permission denied on NFS mount point