Accessing "hidden" data structures

Post by Kenneth C Stah » Sat, 27 Jun 1998 04:00:00

In the Goodheart & Cox book "The Magic Garden Explained" the authors
discuss the steps that are taken when exit() is called and specifically
mention that it populates a structure of type proc with a variety of
items which includes the integer value used when exit() is called (e.g.
exit(1)).

Does anyone know the actual name of the declared structure? I'm guessing
that it must be a global and it must be static. I'm also guessing that
its members would be accessible from within a routine registered with
atexit().
Does anyone have the source code for exit() that would be able to tell
me the correct name?  Once I have that I can use the proc.h header file
to identify the members.