Take a USENIX TUTORIAL ONLINE!

Post by a.. » Sun, 03 Feb 2002 08:13:22

Staying current and getting trained by the experts has just been made
easier!

Take a USENIX TUTORIAL ONLINE!
*Advanced Solaris System Administration - Peter Baer Galvin
*Network Security Profiles - Brad Johnson
*System and Network Performance Tuning - Marc Stavely
*Syslogs and Network Security -Tina Bird

For over 20 years, USENIX, The Advanced Computing Association, has
trained thousands of advanced computing professionals, earning a
reputation for high-quality, practical technical education that is
unparalleled in the industry.
Now you can take our popular and highly regarded tutorials LIVE from
your work or home AND at 60% less than taking the same tutorial at a
conference!

Using state-of-the-art Virtual Classroom techniques, these tutorials
allow you to ask questions and interact with your fellow class members
much as you would if you were sitting in a real classroom.

Space is limited so we urge you to register immediately.

These tutorials offer the same valuable information and class
interaction for only $395, and you can can SAVE an additional $50 if you
register by February 8, 2002.

To register, please visit:
http://www.usenix.org/elearning/

Post by Tony Lawrenc » Sun, 03 Feb 2002 21:35:30

> Staying current and getting trained by the experts has just been made
> easier!

> Take a USENIX TUTORIAL ONLINE!

Bad enough that the web page says:

    WHAT YOU NEED TO PARTICIPATE
    To participate in these tutorials you will need a PC running Windows.

but also this has also been individually posted to other groups rather
than crossposted so my newsreader wouldn't keep seeing it over and over
again.

Gee, I always thought Usenix was a Unix savvy, intelligent org.  But
they require Windows for this tutorial and perhaps don't know how to
crosspost.

Doesn't make me all warm and fuzzy.

--
Tony Lawrence
SCO/Linux Support Tips, How-To's, Tests and more: http://pcunix.com

Take a USENIX TUTORIAL ONLINE!

Post by Ed Hynan -- evh at ehynan dot c » Tue, 05 Feb 2002 00:22:56

Quote:>Bad enough that the web page says:

>    WHAT YOU NEED TO PARTICIPATE
>    To participate in these tutorials you will need a PC running Windows.

>but also this has also been individually posted to other groups rather
>than crossposted so my newsreader wouldn't keep seeing it over and over
>again.

>Gee, I always thought Usenix was a Unix savvy, intelligent org.  But
>they require Windows for this tutorial and perhaps don't know how to
>crosspost.

>Doesn't make me all warm and fuzzy.

Wasn't long ago that Usenix was posting their ads with those
non-standard MS-only characters -- you know, where MS used the
reserved range 0x80-0x9F (I think that's it) for things like
typographical quotes, em dash, etc..

So Usenix ads are apparently composed on MS Windows.

:wq

Post by Thomas Muelle » Tue, 05 Feb 2002 20:05:05

> Staying current and getting trained by the experts has just been made
> easier!

> Take a USENIX TUTORIAL ONLINE!

Quote:> Bad enough that the web page says:
>     WHAT YOU NEED TO PARTICIPATE

      To participate in these tutorials you will need a PC running Windows.

Quote:> but also this has also been individually posted to other groups rather

  than crossposted so my newsreader wouldn't keep seeing it over and over
  again.

Quote:> Gee, I always thought Usenix was a Unix savvy, intelligent org.  But

  they require Windows for this tutorial and perhaps don't know how to
  crosspost.

Quote:> Doesn't make me all warm and fuzzy.

...and the price was $395, or $50 less if you register by Feb 8.

I am not enthused either.

I think that announcement qualifies as spam.  I thought commercial announcements
in newsgroups were a violation of netiquette, except for those newsgroups with
"marketplace" or similar in their name.

1. Take a USENIX TUTORIAL ONLINE!

[...]

register by February 8, 2002.  This is truly the education bargain of
the century.

Now you can learn what you need, when you need it and you never have to
leave the comfort of your workstation - no traffic, airport security
lines or hassle of any kind!

Try one today!
http://www.usenix.org/elearning/

2. Help: Passing Socket Descriptor

3. ACL question?

4. Samba Help

5. How to create shared libraries in unix?

6. USENIX Winter '93 Technical Conference Tutorials

7. USENIX Winter 1994 Technical Conference Tutorial Program

8. USENIX 1994 Winter Conference Tutorial Sessions