pthread_mutex_lock-dual processor-Address out of bounds

pthread_mutex_lock-dual processor-Address out of bounds

Post by raghavendr » Sun, 25 May 2003 20:53:22

Hi,

While I am running a core system application on dual processor, it is
crashing intermittently at the same point.
When I saw the stack trace, a pointer variable is getting Address out of
bounds error. And It reported SIGBUS error.
I didn't find this type of crashing on single processor systems.

What might be the reason ?

Another thing is Will the pthread_mutex_lock concept work fine on dual
processor or on multi-processors ?

Thanks,
Raghavendra.

Post by Casper H.S. Di » Sun, 25 May 2003 21:35:26

>While I am running a core system application on dual processor, it is
>crashing intermittently at the same point.
>When I saw the stack trace, a pointer variable is getting Address out of
>bounds error. And It reported SIGBUS error.
>I didn't find this type of crashing on single processor systems.
>What might be the reason ?

Application problem?  Changing/accessing data while not locking?

Quote:>Another thing is Will the pthread_mutex_lock concept work fine on dual
>processor or on multi-processors ?

That's what it's for.

Casper

1. Best Dual Processor board and processor

What is the best dual process motherboard, and processor to buy for a small - medium sized web/mysql server  It is for my home, I have started a business and I am running it from home, and have no exp yet with dual processor combinations?  I will be running RedHat 7.0.  I have the machine up and running now, but its an older AMD K6-3 450 with a promise 66 raid controller...

2. Package Management

3. dual processor vs faster single processor

4. // to scsi adapter

5. Dual processor to single processor!!

6. UK Linux Users

7. convert kernel from dual processor to single processor

8. RedHat 6.2 on Compaq ProLiant 570 and Smart Array 5300

9. WHAT IS THE EMAIL ADDRESS OR THE ADDRESS FOR THE AMD STAFF FOR PROCESSOR REPLACEMENT

10. ethernet trunking ,bounding -- where to get a howto about bounding 2 ethernet cards ??

11. I/O bound vs CPU bound

12. Single NIC card bound with 2 IP Addresses?

13. Address out of bounds