Books on Multhreaded programming

Post by Trisdaresa Sumarjo » Sat, 20 May 1995 04:00:00

Hello people:)...
  I need some suggestions. I am planning to buy some books on MultiThreaded
peogramming under SunOS and an advance guide for unix programming. As with
right now, the only book that I know is the Advance Programming in the Unix
Environment by Adison Wesley publisher. So, any suggestion about what books
out there that I have to check out? Any comment is appreciated:)...
  Thank's:)...

Post by Troy DeJon » Sun, 21 May 1995 04:00:00

>Hello people:)...
>  I need some suggestions. I am planning to buy some books on MultiThreaded
>peogramming under SunOS and an advance guide for unix programming. As with
>right now, the only book that I know is the Advance Programming in the Unix
>Environment by Adison Wesley publisher. So, any suggestion about what books
>out there that I have to check out? Any comment is appreciated:)...
>  Thank's:)...

There is a book called

  "Multiprocessor System Architectures:  A Technical Survey of
   Multiprocessor/Multithreaded Systems using Sparc, Multi-level
   Bus Architectures and Solaris (SunOS)"

   Author:  Ben Catanzaro
   Publisher:  Prentice Hall  (Sunsoft Press)
   ISBN: 0-13-089137-1
   Price: $47
   Date:  1994

This should have everything you would ever want in terms of programming
on the Solaris or SunOS multithreaded OSes, whether it be at the kernel
or user level.  He talks about both.  Check out http://www.sun.com
for a more thorough explanation of the book.

Regards,
  -Troy

--

Books on Multhreaded programming

Post by Shinu Gup » Wed, 24 May 1995 04:00:00

help
send unix

Also check out:
http://www.libhitech.com/libhitech/

|> Hello people:)...
|>   I need some suggestions. I am planning to buy some books on MultiThreaded
|> peogramming under SunOS and an advance guide for unix programming. As with
|> right now, the only book that I know is the Advance Programming in the Unix
|> Environment by Adison Wesley publisher. So, any suggestion about what books
|> out there that I have to check out? Any comment is appreciated:)...
|>   Thank's:)...

1. O' Reilly open-books Motif programming books...

http://www.motifzone.net/forum/forum.php?forum_id=161

Interesting.  Now, one can freely download the troff source of these
books.  All of a sudden, Motif is open.  I personally think it's an
interesting toolkit.  It seems to have an interesting balance of old
school/new school X.  I like it.  Microsoft likes it, too, having copied
some GUI elements from Motif for Windows.

2. Help Needed: formatting floppy diskettes

3. BOOK: 300 pages - Big Online Book of Linux Ada Programming

4. Serial Port used for modem

5. FTP sites with 'UNIX Network Programming' book program code?

6. My howto on getting anti-aliased fonts to work with QT and Linux!

7. FS: Book aix, Book x, Book network

8. what does 'ld: Output file requires shared library `libc.so.4'' mean?