handle file > 2GB

Post by cc » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 00:00:51

Hi there,
    Anyone know how to handle file size > 2GB in SUN? I called stat but it
fail with EOVERFLOW if the file > 2GB. TIA

handle file > 2GB

Post by Fletcher Glen » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 01:22:24

Quote:> Hi there,
>     Anyone know how to handle file size > 2GB in SUN? I called stat but it
> fail with EOVERFLOW if the file > 2GB. TIA

The answer you're looking for can be found in the following direct
quote from the stat() man page:

USAGE
     The stat(), fstat(), and lstat() functions have transitional
     interfaces for 64-bit file offsets.  See lf64(5).

--
Fletcher Glenn
to reply remove NOSPAM from my reply address

handle file > 2GB

Post by Chuck Dillo » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 02:15:53

> Hi there,
>     Anyone know how to handle file size > 2GB in SUN? I called stat but it
> fail with EOVERFLOW if the file > 2GB. TIA

man largefile

Also, go to docs.sun.com.  There's a document there that describes how
to build 32 bit large file aware programs.

Or build 64 bit programs.

-- ced

--
Chuck Dillon